Andreea Moscovici Avocat Roman UK provides personal and bespoke service to its clients, and our cost structure reflects that. Instead of just sending out a standard demand for payment to a debtor, we approach each Client and each case individually and work with the client on the best strategy to achieve the desired outcome.
The below costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. Suppose the other party disputes your claim at any point. In that case, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs, if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee, whenever possible, or an hourly rate if we are unable to estimate precisely the amount of work required.
Stage 1 – Pre-issue
|Claim for||Our fee|
|Up to 10.000 GBP||595GBP|
|10.000,01 GBP – 25.000 GBP||795GBP|
|25.000,01 GBP – 50.000 GBP||995GBP|
|50.000,01 GBP – 100.000 GBP||1195GBP|
|100.000,01 GBP – 200.000 GBP||1395GBP|
|over 200.000 GBP||1495GBP|
Stage 2 – issue court proceedings
|Claim for||Our Fee||Court Fee|
|Up to £300||595GBP||25GBP|
|300,01 GBP – 500 GBP||595GBP||35GBP|
|500,01 GBP – 1.000 GBP||695GBP||60GBP|
|1.000,01 GBP – 1.500 GBP||695GBP||70GBP|
|1.500,01 GBP – 3.000 GBP||695GBP||105GBP|
|3.000,01 GBP – 5.000 GBP||795GBP||185GBP|
|5.000,01 GBP – 10.000 GBP||895GBP||410GBP|
|10.000,01 GBP – 25.000 GBP||1295GBP||4,5% of the value of the claim|
|25.000,01 GBP – 50.000 GBP||1495GBP||4,5% of the value of the claim|
|50.000,01 GBP – 100.000 GBP||1995GBP||4,5% of the value of the claim|
|Over 100.000 GBP||TBA*||5%of the value of the claim (limited to £10,000)|
*In addition, we typically charge a success fee of 10% plus VAT on the debt recovered
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff or HCEO, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing the documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches, such as Companies House or Insolvency registers (some additional searches may incur additional costs, of which we will advise before incurring them)
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default is received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 28 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Matters usually take 2-12 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
We add VAT to our charges.